Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd.
Please contact Sales at: (212) 520-2765 or email PharmaNewsSales@informa.com
Latest From Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd.
The company cited lackluster efficacy in its decision to discontinue development of V590 and V591. It will instead develop two drugs to treat COVID-19.
While it was not as affected as some other countries, Japan still had the pandemic to deal with and regulators responded while managing to keep up regular product review work, including several world-first approvals. Coronavirus vaccine roll-outs and the first general annual reimbursement price cut are on the cards for this year.
The two companies can now market their HER-2 targeting antibody-drug conjugate in its second tumor type as they look to expand beyond breast cancer.
Bayer has failed to convince the European Medicines Agency that its marketing authorization application for finerenone should be fast-tracked through the EU's centralized review process. There were other successes, though, although Janssen is keeping us guessing over its MAA for amivantamab. These and other developments relating to the agency's accelerated assessment mechanism are logged in this latest update to the Pink Sheet's EU accelerated assessment tracker.
- Generic Drugs
- OTC, Consumer
- Other Names / Subsidiaries
- Ambit Biosciences Corporation
- Asubio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Daiichi Sankyo RD Novare Co., Ltd.
- Kitasato Daiichi Sankyo K.K.
- Im Co., Ltd., Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (American Regent, Inc., PharmaForce, Inc.)
- Plexxikon Inc.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
- Roxro Pharma, Inc.
- Sankyo Pharma
- Suntory Pharmaceutical
- U3 Pharma AG
- Daiichi Sankyo India Pharma Private Limited
- Kitasato Daiichi Sankyo Vaccine Co., Ltd.
- Zenotech Laboratories Ltd.
- Daiichi Sankyo Vietnam Company Limited.