Latest From GlaxoSmithKline PLC
Derived from Strategic Transactions, Informa’s premium source for tracking life sciences deal activity, the Venture Funding Deals column provides a comprehensive monthly review of emerging biopharmaceutical companies that have received venture funding. This month’s column covers deals announced August and September.
October has been a very good month for Ionis. Following US approval of Tegredi, it has now signed a potentially lucrative deal with existing partner Roche for another antisense drug, this time to tackle advanced dry AMD.
Drug price increases have contributed significantly to US revenue growth, about 61% for the 45 largest pharmaceutical products sold over the last three years, according to an analysis by Leerink. Investors should brace for declining growth rates for certain products that generate the bulk of their sales in the US, analyst Geoffrey Porges warned.
Mylan's Kokino spoke with Scrip about what he called the successful launch of the company's first biosimilar in the US, a version of Amgen's Neulasta, the state of the US biosimilar market and resetting expectations.
- Therapeutic Areas
- Immune Disorders
- Infectious & Viral Diseases
- Metabolic Disorders
- Neurology, Nervous System
- Respiratory, Pulmonary
- Western Europe
- Company Type
- Big Pharma
- Parent & Subsidiaries
- Affymax NV
- AKE Pathologists
- Allen & Hanburys Ltd.
- American Medical Optics
- Block Drug Co. Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Pakistan Ltd.
- Burroughs Wellcome Co.
- Burroughs Wellcome Inc.
- Cellzome AG
- Center of Excellence for External Drug Discovery
- CNS Inc.
- Corixa Corp.
- Diversified Prescription Delivery
- Domantis Ltd.
- Galvani Bioelectronics
- Genelabs Technologies Inc.
- Glaxo Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Glaxo Canada-IAF Biochem Joint Venture
- Glaxo Group Research Ltd.
- Glaxo Hong Kong
- Glaxo Laboratories Ltd.
- Glaxo Research and Development Ltd.
- Glaxo Wellcome Inc.
- Glaxo Wellcome PLC
- Glaxo Wellcome SA
- Glaxo Wellcome SPA
- GlaxoSmithKline (China) Investment Co. Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals SA
- GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
- GlaxoSmithKline Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline KK
- GlaxoSmithKline LLC
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- GlycoVaxyn AG
- GSK Biologicals Shenzhen Co. Ltd.
- Human Genome Sciences Inc.
- ID Biomedical Corp.
- International Clinical Laboratories Inc.
- International Hydron Corp.
- Laboratorios Phoenix SA
- Lombart Optical of Virginia Ltd.
- Maxinutrition Group Holdings Ltd.
- Morrith SA
- Nanjing MeiRui Pharma Co. Ltd
- Nippon Glaxo Co. Ltd.
- Norcliff Thayer and Reheis
- Okairos AG
- Pathology and Cytology Laboratories
- Polfa Poznan SA
- Praecis Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Puget Sound Institute of Pathology Inc.
- Reliant Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Sachsisches Serumwerk GMBH
- Sirtris Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- SmithKline Beecham
- SmithKline Beecham Animal Health
- SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare
- SmithKline Beecham Corp.
- SmithKline Beecham Healthcare Services
- SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals
- SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals R&D
- SmithKline Beecham Seiyaku KK
- SmithKline Bio-Science Laboratories
- SmithKline Diagnostics Inc.
- Softsite Contact Lens Laboratory Inc.
- Stiefel Research Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Total Support Management Group
- ViiV Healthcare
- Visiontech Inc.
- Wellcome Biotechnology Ltd.
- Wellcome Diagnostics
- Wellcome Foundation Ltd.
- Zambeletti SPA
- Senior Management
Brian McNamara, CEO, GSK Consumer Healthcare
Simon Dingemans, CFO
Patrick Vallance, Pres., Pharma R&D
Abbas Hussain, Pres., Global Pharmaceuticals
Luc Debruyne, Pres., Global Vaccines
David Redfern, Chief Strategy Officer
- Contact Info
Phone: (44) (0)20 8047 5000
980 Great West Rd.
Brentford, TW8 9GS
All set! This article has been sent to email@example.com.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.