Shionogi & Co. Ltd.
Please contact Sales at: (212) 520-2765 or email PharmaNewsSales@informa.com
Latest From Shionogi & Co. Ltd.
Public Company Edition: 2020 started with two $200m-plus initial public offerings plus five health care-focused special purpose acquisition corporations IPOs. Also, a Pfizer initiative backs three public companies, Fate’s $432m offering led recent FOPOs and Biocon Biologics receives more investment.
The number of new drugs containing new active substances approved in the EU rose significantly in 2020, underpinned by a strong showing for orphan-designated products and a string of novel medicines for cancer and infectious diseases. Notable among the new clutch of approvals was the first ever COVID-19 vaccine, Pfizer/BioNTech's Comirnaty.
Roche’s first-in-class one-dose antiviral Xofluza has been approved for marketing in the EU to treat influenza in patients aged 12 years or over, and for post-exposure prophylaxis.
Despite having multiple world-class pharma companies and innovative research, Japan is notably absent as a source of candidate vaccines for the coronavirus. The pandemic is again throwing into sharp relief past and present challenges around the country's vaccines sector.
- Other Names / Subsidiaries
- Shionogi Healthcare Co., Ltd
- Shionogi Pharma Co., Ltd
- Shionogi Techno Advance Research Co., Ltd.
- Shionogi Administration Service Co., Ltd.
- Shionogi Business Partner Co., Ltd
- Shionogi Marketing Solutions Co., Ltd
- Shionogi Career Development Center Co., Ltd.
- Shionogi Digital Science Co., Ltd.
- Shionogi Pharmacovigilance Center Co., Ltd.
- Aburahi AgroResearch Co., Ltd.
- Shionogi Smile Heart Co., Ltd
- UMN Pharma Inc.