Shire Pharmaceuticals Group PLC
Please contact Sales at: (212) 520-2765 or email PharmaNewsSales@informa.com
Latest From Shire Pharmaceuticals Group PLC
Takeda launches blockbuster gastrointestinal drug vedolizumab in India, stepping up the tempo on the back of the local base provided by its acquisition of Shire. More expansion in the country appears to be in store for the Japanese firm.
Private Company Edition: VC deals fell short of the record-breaking level seen in 2018 and financings may slow a bit more in 2020. Also, UPMC and Frazier close new VC funds, and Emendo raises $61m for gene-editing platform.
Advances in multiple scientific areas will mature into novel therapeutics, often tailored for the individual patient and increasingly curative, making biopharma an exciting place to be in 2020.
The firm reorganized to focus on hemoglobinopathies and cancers after Celgene ended a multi-drug partnership. Also, Flagship funds a gene therapy start-up and brings in a business development veteran, Ultragenyx raises $320m in a royalty deal and Paratek secures up to $285m from BARDA.
- Specialty Pharmaceuticals
- Other Names / Subsidiaries
- Advanced BioHealing, Inc. (renamed Shire Regenerative Medicine)
- AesRX LLC
- Baxalta Incorporated
- BIKAM Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Chatham Therapeutics
- Dyax Corp.
- FerroKin BioSciences, Inc.
- Fibrotech Therapeutics
- Foresight Biotherapeutics Inc.
- Gambro AB
- Jerini AG
- Lotus Tissue Repair
- Lumena Pharmaceuticals
- Meritage Pharma, Inc.
- Movetis NV
- New Pervasis Therapeutics, Inc.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Premacure AB
- Prism Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- River Pharmaceuticals
- Roberts Pharmaceutical Corporation
- SARcode Corporation
- SuppreMol GmbH
- Synovis Life Technologies, Inc.
- Thunderbolt, Inc.
- Transkaryotic Therapies, Inc.
- ViroPharma Inc.
- Vitesse Biologics, LLC