Division of Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
Latest From Shire PLC
Reps. Welch and Rooney urge FTC and DOJ to condition their approval of the merger on inclusion of a pricing provision.
President of R&D Andrew Plump notes that much of the work to rationalize Takeda's pipeline after its Shire acquisition took place years ago when the Japanese pharma streamlined its R&D organization, but investments in data science to improve clinical trial outcomes and R&D efficiency are ongoing.
Five-year collaboration will analyze data from thousands of cancer patients to optimize immunotherapy treatment and develop PET imaging tracers to stratify clinical trial participants. Also, MD Anderson starts 2019 with three new agreements.
Even though 2018 did not feature the big influx of biopharma M&A that was expected, there were still encouraging signs that major advancements and breakthroughs in the biotech industry attract buy-outs. Cancer-focused companies and oncology assets again drove volume in alliances and financing transactions.
- Specialty Pharmaceuticals
- Therapeutic Areas
- Infectious & Viral Diseases
- Neurology, Nervous System
- Shire Ltd.
- Shire Pharmaceuticals Group PLC
- North America
- Company Type
- Midsize European
- Parent & Subsidiaries
Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Baxalta Inc.
- Bikam Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Dyax Corp.
- FerroKin Biosciences Inc.
- Fibrotech Therapeutics Pty. Ltd.
- Foresight Biotherapeutics Inc.
- Jerini AG
- Lotus Tissue Repair Inc.
- Lumena Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Meritage Pharma Inc.
- Movetis NV
- New River Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Pervasis Therapeutics Inc.
- Richwood Pharmaceutical Co. Inc.
- Roberts Pharmaceutical Corp.
- SARcode Bioscience Inc.
- Shire BioChem Inc.
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies AB
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies Inc.
- Shire Pharmaceuticals Ireland Ltd.
- Shire Regenerative Medicine Inc.
- ViroPharma Inc.
- Shire PLC
- Senior Management
Flemming Ornskov, MD, CEO
Thomas Dittrich, CFO
Perry Sternberg, Head, US Commercial
Andreas Busch, PhD, Head, R&D & CSO
- Contact Info
Phone: (44)(617) 349-0200
300 Shire Way
Lexington, MA 02421
All set! This article has been sent to email@example.com.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.