Scrip is part of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. For high-quality copies or electronic reprints for distribution to colleagues or customers, please call +44 (0) 20 3377 3183

Printed By

UsernamePublicRestriction
UsernamePublicRestriction

Indian Pharmas Look To Herbal Medicines As Huge Potential (India)

This article was originally published in PharmAsia News

Executive Summary

India's $1 billion herbal medicine industry is expected to grow by as much as 15 percent a year as pharmaceutical companies see its potential. Much of the interest is in Western countries, with Indians slow to rely on the alternative drugs. Prescription herbal medicine accounts for only 30 percent of the market for Indian companies, with the other 70 percent over-the-counter products. Prescription herbal medicine generally lack clinical-trial data, with those backed by accepted research selling the best in India, which is one of the largest producers of medicinal herbs. One drug company executive said many pharmaceutical companies see herbal health care as having huge potential. (Click here for more

You may also be interested in...



Coronavirus Update: Gilead's Veklury Gets Full FDA Approval, Roche Partners With Atea

Gilead's remdesivir is first drug fully approved by FDA to treat COVID-19. Roche and Atea team up on an investigational direct acting antiviral while Moderna reaches the 30,000-patient enrollment target for its Phase III COVE study of the company's investigational mRNA vaccine. 

US COVID-19 Vaccine Adcomm: First Take-Aways

From efficacy endpoints to patient warehousing, US FDA advisors weigh in on vaccine development and regulatory review.

QUOTED. 23 October. Dan Buehner.

Several years ago, heart device giant Edwards Lifesciences realized it needed a new CAPA framework that shifts corrective and preventive action from a one-size-fits-all method to a more nuanced approach. See what Dan Buehner, director of quality engineering at Edwards Lifesciences, said about it here.

UsernamePublicRestriction

Register

LL038093

Ask The Analyst

Please Note: Click here for more information on the Ask the Analyst service.

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts

Cancel