Alliance Boots raises its stake in Germany's Anzag to 82%
This article was originally published in Scrip
Competition authorities have approved Alliance Boots' acquisition of a 52% stake in Andreae-Noris Zahn (Anzag) which raised its holding in the German company to almost 82%. The UK's company bought the shares for €143 million or €26.1 each and announced its intention to acquire the remaining 18% stake at the same share price.
You may also be interested in...
Poland's president, Bronislaw Komorowski, has signed a reimbursement bill into the law which will come into force on 1 January.
In the past two years, most multinational pharmaceutical companies announced plans to create production facilities in Russia. They had been ignoring such an opportunity for years, and there were reasons for that. They included risks to investments, administrative barriers, unclear regulations assuming various interpretations and corruption.
Russia's president Dmitriy Medvedev has requested that his government start talks with the US and the EU on the mutual recognition of clinical trial results (including paediatric trials) and prepare proposals for corresponding amendments of existing regulations.