Scrip is part of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. For high-quality copies or electronic reprints for distribution to colleagues or customers, please call +44 (0) 20 3377 3183

Printed By


GSK confirms plan to acquire Chinese urology firm

This article was originally published in Scrip

Executive Summary

GlaxoSmithKline has announced plans to acquire Nanjing MeiRui Pharma, a firm based in Shanghai, for approximately $70 million cash, confirming a previously published Scrip news item ( 6 December 2010). GSK will acquire 90% of MeiRui from Pagoda Pharmaceutical with the remaining 10% coming from Swedish firm Allergon. Providing a modest boost to its presence in China, a market where it already has well-developed, integrated operations.





Ask The Analyst

Please Note: Click here for more information on the Ask the Analyst service.

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts