Latest From GlaxoSmithKline PLC
The new US public benefit pharma manufacturing firm Phlow has received significant federal funding in a bid to improve domestic supply security. Scrip speaks to prominent executives in India's industry over whether this model, if widely replicated, could put at risk the clout and market access plans of the Indian generic industry, a major supplier to the US market.
GSK will appeal a finding that it doesn’t support its “100% Natural” claim for Benefiber Original and Healthy Shape. Question asked in the review from a P&G challenge reflects FDA’s ongoing consideration of whether a public health concern will emerge if it doesn’t substantially expand its regulation of use of the term.
As generalist investors continue to push higher the stock prices of biotech companies that announce the most tenuous of coronavirus developments, the track record of biotech companies developing even vaccines for which the antigen is proven to be safe and efficacious remains poor.
GSK partners with biotech firm Mammoth Biosciences to develop a home-use OTC nasal swab test for COVID-19 that works in less than 20 minutes. Mammoth says the firms will seek an FDA emergency use authorization for the test, roll it out first to clinics and will seek approval for OTC sales.
- Therapeutic Areas
- Immune Disorders
- Infectious & Viral Diseases
- Metabolic Disorders
- Neurology, Nervous System
- Respiratory, Pulmonary
- Western Europe
- Company Type
- Big Pharma
- Parent & Subsidiaries
- Affymax NV
- AKE Pathologists
- Allen & Hanburys Ltd.
- American Medical Optics
- Block Drug Co. Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Pakistan Ltd.
- Burroughs Wellcome Co.
- Burroughs Wellcome Inc.
- Cellzome AG
- Center of Excellence for External Drug Discovery
- CNS Inc.
- Corixa Corp.
- Diversified Prescription Delivery
- Domantis Ltd.
- Galvani Bioelectronics
- Genelabs Technologies Inc.
- Glaxo Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Glaxo Canada-IAF Biochem Joint Venture
- Glaxo Group Research Ltd.
- Glaxo Hong Kong
- Glaxo Laboratories Ltd.
- Glaxo Research and Development Ltd.
- Glaxo Wellcome Inc.
- Glaxo Wellcome PLC
- Glaxo Wellcome SA
- Glaxo Wellcome SPA
- GlaxoSmithKline (China) Investment Co. Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals SA
- GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
- GlaxoSmithKline Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline KK
- GlaxoSmithKline LLC
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- GlycoVaxyn AG
- GSK Biologicals Shenzhen Co. Ltd.
- GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Human Genome Sciences Inc.
- ID Biomedical Corp.
- International Clinical Laboratories Inc.
- International Hydron Corp.
- Laboratorios Phoenix SA
- Lombart Optical of Virginia Ltd.
- Maxinutrition Group Holdings Ltd.
- Morrith SA
- Nanjing MeiRui Pharma Co. Ltd
- Nippon Glaxo Co. Ltd.
- Norcliff Thayer and Reheis
- Okairos AG
- Pathology and Cytology Laboratories
- Polfa Poznan SA
- Praecis Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Puget Sound Institute of Pathology Inc.
- Reliant Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Sachsisches Serumwerk GMBH
- Sirtris Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- SmithKline Beecham
- SmithKline Beecham Animal Health
- SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare
- SmithKline Beecham Corp.
- SmithKline Beecham Healthcare Services
- SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals
- SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals R&D
- SmithKline Beecham Seiyaku KK
- SmithKline Bio-Science Laboratories
- SmithKline Diagnostics Inc.
- Softsite Contact Lens Laboratory Inc.
- Stiefel Research Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Tesaro Inc.
- Total Support Management Group
- ViiV Healthcare
- Visiontech Inc.
- Wellcome Biotechnology Ltd.
- Wellcome Diagnostics
- Wellcome Foundation Ltd.
- Zambeletti SPA
- Senior Management
Emma Walmsley, CEO
Simon Dingemans, CFO
David Redfern, Chief Strategy Officer
Hal Barron, MD, Pres., R&D & CSO
- Contact Info
Phone: (44) 20 8047 5000
980 Great West Rd.
Brentford, TW8 9GS